- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
2014 Digital Storytelling Workshop
CFA members are once again invited to participate in a CFA Digital Storytelling Workshop (Class of 2014) which is being held at Fiskville on Friday 6 – through to late Sunday afternoon 8 June (yes, the Queen’s Birthday long weekend!).
[Please note that the workshop finishes on Sunday 8th and not on Monday 9th as originally published.]
The workshop is open for 8-10 members from around the state and is being run to capture stories - your stories - in your own words. Participants don't need any experience in using a computer or camera. Our facilitators will help you every step of the way.
By the end of the workshop each story will be compiled on a DVD. With your permission, we will showcase your story and help to promote CFA across the state.
Some of the 2013 stories have been used on the big screen at Federation Square during National Volunteer Week, on CFA’s public website, Facebook and also on YouTube.
What will happen at Fiskville?
Trained professionals will help you with technology to produce your story – an online story about what CFA means to you. You will get an opportunity to work with other members from around Victoria, and join in the fun of all learning how to develop the end product – beginners are most welcome!!! It is OK if you have little or no experience.
· Available to attend all three days of a workshop at Fiskville – arrive Friday evening 6 June through to departure on late Sunday afternoon, 8 June.
· Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm each day.
· Desire and energy to script, produce and deliver your own CFA short story, with the help of our trained facilitators every step of the way.
· Be able to use brigade/region/district Vehicle for transportation to/from Fiskville.
To complete the story within the timeframe the production value of the story may need to be simple. This does not mean the story will not be effective. Stories can be personal, brigade, group, district or region oriented. We want to capture a cross section of stories from our Members right across CFA. These stories will be used internally and externally for CFA (with your permission).
What you get
CFA members who are available and selected to participate in the pilot Digital Storytelling workshop will:
- get 3-day pass to the CFA Workshop·
- create a digital story showcasing ‘WHAT IS CFA TO YOU?’ Or last year’s topic, “My (our) story of being a CFA Volunteer”
- get a copy of the final digital story, professionally mastered on DVD (along with all workshop participants' stories)
- get meals and accommodation at Fiskville
- get an invitation to attend Fiskville (in July) to officially launch the stories.
Get involved now
If you think you have what it takes – and can make yourself available for the workshop – please let us know what your story is all about.
Be as creative as you like! Ideally, 50-100 words of writing, or a 2min film clip, or an email with pictures and words. Try to think of a creative headline that sums up your story….. Remember, this is your online story in your own way.
Some ideas to get you started…..
- Why do you volunteer?
- What are some of the things you do at CFA?
- Your most memorable event/incident?
- What is special about your brigade?
- What does being a CFA Volunteer mean to you?
- How long have you been a member? How has it changed?
- What would you like future CFA members to know about the past?
- What are the best things about CFA?
- What do you know now that you wish you had have known when you joined CFA?
View the stories from 2013
Expressions of Interest close on Monday 30 May 2014
If you have any enquiries in the meantime please email: