- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
2015 World Police & Fire Games, Fairfax USA
This year the World Police & Fire Games will be held at Fairfax County, Virginia USA, over the period of 26 June to 5 July 2015. 61 Sporting events will be held over 10 Days and it is expected that 12,000 competitors from 70 different countries will participate.
In 1985, the World Police & Fire Games Federation, a non-profit organization, run by the Californian Police Athletics Federation, established the World Police & Fire Games. Today, the World Police & Fire Games are a spectacular international sporting event, offering police officers, firefighters, customs and correction officers from around the world an opportunity to showcase their athletic excellence in over 65 sporting events.
Please note this open only to CFA staff. (as per rules below)
In order to be eligible to compete in the World Police & Fire Games, a person:
- Must be at least 18 years old and be publicly employed as a full time Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter;
- Must have formal Firefighter or Law Enforcement Officer training;
- Their primary occupation must be that of a Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter;
- Must be a member of an eligible agency; or, a retired Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter from an eligible agency.
- Must have been sworn, or appointed, as a Firefighter or Law Enforcement Officer by an eligible agency.
Visit the website for details, information and accommodation.
Entries close 17 April 2015
Blue Ribbon Foundation has an Australian Polo Shirt available for purchase for competitors.