- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Anti bushfire arson campaign
A copy of the Crime Stoppers poster “Stop Bushfire Arson” has been distributed to all CFA Fire Stations and District Headquarters across the State.
These posters are to be displayed on the noticeboard within the Fire Stations and District Headquarters. The poster has been designed to raise awareness relating to bushfire arson and the importance of reporting any information relating to suspicious fires via the Crime Stoppers phone number or website. This poster forms part of the Crime Stoppers anti bushfire arson campaign.
As part of the letter accompanying the poster, the following key messages have been included for CFA Fire-fighters when attending fire scenes.
It is important that when attending fires, CFA Fire-fighters continue to:
- Be observant and report any suspicious observations to Victoria Police.
- Request Victoria Police to attend the scene if the fire is deemed to be suspicious
- Request CFA Fire Investigators to attend the scene if the origin and cause of the fire is undetermined or suspicious.
- Protect and preserve the scene for further examination and investigation into the cause of the fire.
- Complete the Fire Report outlining the accurate details relating to the origin and cause of the fire.
- Report any information relating to suspicious fires to Victoria Police, or anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or lodge an online ‘Information Report’ via the Crime Stoppers website at www.vic.crimestoppers.com.au
Further information relating to fire scene preservation and reporting suspicious fire observations can be located within the Fire and Emergency Management Pocket Checklists under “Fire Investigation” and via the CFA Intranet and Brigades Online at: Fire & Emergencies > Fire Investigation > Report Arson
State Fire Investigation Coordinator Nicole Harvey