News & Media

Berwick Fire Station Opening

By: Megan Angel

Category: Events / Fundraising / Offers, Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings

  10.02 PM 1 November, 2012


Location: District 8 News

Views: 4181

On Sunday 28th October 2012 the proud history of the Berwick Fire Brigade turned another page as they celebrated the official opening of the recent extensive upgrade and refurbishment to the fire station by local MLA and Member for Gembrook Brad Battin. 

CFA representatives including Board Member John Peberdy, District 8 Regional Director Peter Schmidt and Operations Officer Greg Christison attended as well as Berwick CFA members and their families, representatives from neighbouring CFA Casey Group Brigades, local supporters and sponsors.

Mr Battin praised the volunteer members of the Berwick Fire Brigade for their outstanding contributions to the CFA and to serving their community.

The project works consisted of an extension to the engine bays, the addition of a drying room, equipment storage area, fire-fighter change rooms and refurbishment of the existing offices and meeting facilities.

The Berwick Fire Brigade was registered in 1926 and moved onto the existing site in Reserve Road in the early 1980’s. From here they have seen significant growth within their brigade area and a steady incline in brigade activity as a result. With this magnificent refurbishment, the Berwick Fire Brigade who attend over 500 calls per year are well placed to maintain the outstanding level of service to the community well into the future.

Berwick CFA Captain Alan Boyd spoke of the significant contribution of all involved in the project particularly the support of Mr Battin and CFA Regional Director Peter Schmidt who combined were instrumental in obtaining approval and support for the funding of the $1 million project.

Last Updated: 10 November 2012