- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Fiskville inquiry submission
The Victorian State Government through the Environmental and Natural Resource Committee has commenced a Parliamentary Inquiry into the CFA Training College at Fiskville.
The inquiry will respond to the following terms of reference:
1. a comprehensive historical study of pollution, contamination and unsafe activities at Fiskville between 1970 and the present day;
2. a study of the health impacts on employees, residents and visitors between 1970 and the present day;
3. a study of the role of past and present executive management at Fiskville;
4. an assessment of the feasibility of decontamination/rectification of the training site; and
5. recommendations as necessary to mitigate ongoing harm and to provide justice to victims and their families.
CFA has been invited to make a written submission to the Inquiry prior to 27 March 2015 and will be doing so.
The Environmental and Natural Resource Committee is due to provide an interim report by 30 June 2015, with a final report to be presented no later than 1 December 2015.
Further information regarding the Inquiry is available at http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/about/news/2427-fiskville-inquiry-call-for-submissions.
CFA provides services to support members and their families in managing their welfare:
- Peer Support Program – contact your local Peer Coordinator directly (or through your District Duty Officer)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – 24 hours - for free, independent and confidential counselling with a psychologist or counsellor on 1300 795 711
- Chaplaincy Program – for pastoral care – contact your District Chaplain directly or call Converge International on 1800 337 068