- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CEO: Firefighter Advisory Service
The State Government today announced a centralised Firefighter Advisory Service, following their announcement last week of the Firefighters Assessment Panel to help manage and assess career and volunteer firefighter cancer-related claims.
From CEO Mick Bourke's blog:
"This announcement, and today’s from the State Government, promoting a centralised Firefighter Advisory Service that can answer enquiries and offer advice about work-related cancer claims, is important news for our past and present members.
The health and safety of CFA members will always be our number one priority and we welcome any initiative that supports them.
More CEO blogs:
- New firefighter cancer assessment panel and cancer compensation advisory service
- Fiskville Update #33
- Heavy Hazmat training commences - unprotected industrial action stopped
- Fair Work Commission - Heavy Hazmat Training
- Creating Our Future Together - extending the consultation period.