- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CEO update: Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry Report
CEO Mick Bourke and Chief Officer Euan Ferguson have released a joint statement welcoming the Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry Report, tabled in the Victorian Parliament yesterday.
From the blog:
"The report contains 18 recommendations, 12 of which are directed to the State Government and which the Government has supported. The other 6 are directed to GDF Suez. We will work with relevant agencies to contribute to the recommendations relevant to CFA."
"In its report, the Inquiry Board commended our firefighters who worked under difficult conditions to protect the mine assets and prevent the fire spreading.
"CFA welcomes the Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry Report and looks forward to working with our partner agencies and the Government in developing the Government's response to the report."
- Government media release (PDF 80k)
- CEO and Chief Officer Blog: CFA Welcomes Hazelwood Mine Fire Enquiry Report
- Joint CFA/MFB Statement: Post Hazelwood Mine Fire health checks (PDF 421k)
- More Information on Morwell Report
- Previous blogs: Hazelwood briefing and inquiries