- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CFA Directions Statement
The Board has set out CFA's high level priorities for the next three years.
This Directions Statement sets the course we'll follow to accomplish our mission to protect lives and property and is the first stage of planning that will guide CFA through to 2016.
We've created this document as part of our commitment to set out a visible and meaningful strategy. As well as setting out our priorities this Statement outlines some of the key changes we'll be making, our definition of success and where we'll be in five years' time.
This provides us with a roadmap for dealing with challenges and opportunities such as higher community expectations, population growth and extreme weather events. It will also guide our response and commitment to the Victorian Emergency Management Reform White Paper.
You'll see in the Statement that the CFA Board places a high priority on:
- Strengthening the capacity of volunteers to deliver services
- Supporting more resilient communities and greater shared responsibility
- Bringing community expectations into line with our ability to deliver services
- Ensuring we can respond to hazards from local to extreme events
- Actively participating in and shaping reform of the emergency management sector.
Over the next few months we will identify the key strategies and initiatives to progress these priorities through our overall three year plan (The CFA Plan 2013/14-2015/16).
Consultation will then take place with each of the Directorates and Regions to develop the implementation plan for year one of these strategies and initiatives.
You will be hearing the Directions Statement mentioned more in the coming months as it forms the basis of our business planning now and into the future.