- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CFA Open Day – register now for chance to win
Register your CFA Open Day event now for your chance to win one of 14 prizes.
Get your team members on board and register your CFA Open Day event online by 20 September 2016 for your chance to win $250 to go towards your Open Day.
Visit www.cfa.vic.gov.au/openday and click 'Register my event' and complete all the details about your event. This information will be accessible to the community under the CFA What’s On page.
There are up 14 prizes to be won
- 4 x $250.00 prize for brigades with more than 80 members who officially register their Open Day event prior to 20 September 2016.
- 6 x $250.00 prize for brigades with 50-79 members who officially register their Open Day event prior to 20 September 2016.
- 4 x $250.00 prize for brigades with 49 or less members who officially register their Open Day event prior to 20 September 2016.
Winners will be notified by email/phone on Wednesday 21 September 2016.
Please note: Open Day events already registered on the What’s On page will be automatically included in the draw.
Terms and Conditions
- Registration Instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with all of these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- By registering for the CFA Open Day Competition (the "Competition"), the entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- This Competition is a game of chance.
- The Promoter is the Country Fire Authority ABN 39 255 319 010 (“CFA”).
- This Competition will be held in the following country: Victoria, Australia.
- The Competition commences at 10.00am AEST on 15 August 2016 and concludes at 11.59pm AEST on 20 September 2016, unless terminated earlier or extended, by CFA in its absolute discretion.
- Entries are accepted prior to the competition starting date, in the case that members register their Open Day event prior to the start of the competition.
- Registration for this Competition is free and open to registered CFA members who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Competition.
- Any costs associated with accessing the competition is the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider and device used. All costs (including travel ) incurred by the Prize winners must be borne by the Prize winners.
- To participate in the Competition you must follow all of these steps:
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Register a CFA Open Day event before 11.59pm AEST on 20 September 2016 via http://cfaonline.cfa.vic.gov.au/mycfa/Show?pageId=brigadeActivities
- The registered CFA Open Day has to be held between 1 September 2016 and 31 December 2016
- Any entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the absolute discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way. This includes Abusive behaviour, including any use of harassing, negative, or profane language in entrant submissions will not be tolerated and will also constitute grounds for immediate disqualification.
- The Competition is based on a game of chance. The winner will be chosen by chance out of all eligible entries received.
- The Prize winners will be selected at 3:00pm AEST on Wednesday 21 September 2016.
- The Prize winners will be contacted by email/phone on the day the winner is chosen by the Promoter
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours of Competition judging the Prize is forfeited and another winner will be selected.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right in its absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- This Competition is a game of chance.
- There are FOURTEEN Prizes. Each prize is to the value of $250.00
3. Participating Countries
4. Eligibility and Entry Conditions
5. Format and Structure
6. Cheating, Abuse and Disorderly Behaviour
- 4 x $250.00 prize for brigades with more than 80 members to officially register their Open Day event prior to 20 September 2016.
- 6 x $250.00 prize for brigades with 50-80 members to officially register their Open Day event prior to 20 September 2016.
- 4 x $250.00 prize for brigades with 40 or less members to officially register their Open Day event prior to 20 September 2016.
- The prize money will be transferred from CFA accounts payable to the brigade account.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable and non-redeemable for cash.
- The Prize cannot be on-sold on auction websites, classifieds or by other method of re-sale.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree to their entry being made available for public viewing. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter may at any time in its absolute discretion remove, modify or not display entries submitted for this Competition. This includes (without limitation) any entry which (in the sole opinion of the Promoter) is defamatory, contrary to public standards of decency or otherwise judged inappropriate or offensive.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable in any manner for any content or materials posted in relation to this Competition.
- By accepting the Prize, the Prize winner’s consents to the Promoter using their details for promotional purposes.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any entrant or winner, or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking any Prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- As between the entrant and the Promoter, the entrant will retain ownership of any copyright in the entry. The Promoter does not take responsibility for any unlawful or other use of entries or comments by any other person.
- The entrant grants to the Promoter an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable and worldwide non-exclusive licence (with the right to sub-license):
- to reproduce, publish, communicate to the public, adapt, and otherwise exploit the entry in all media whether known now or developed in the future
- to authorise others to view and reproduce the entry for government use.
- By registering for this Competition each entrant assumes sole liability for any:
- personal injury and/or damage to property caused or claimed to have been caused to him or her; and
- infringement or alleged infringement of the intellectual property of any person, arising as a result of or in connection with participating in this Competition and/or any qualifier or Prize winner.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and the entrant and the Promoter submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts for the resolution of any dispute, difference, controversy or claim arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions and/or this Competition.
- All entrants must also adhere to the following conditions stated by Facebook (which may be changed by Facebook at any time):
- You agree to release Facebook from any claims and liability.
- You acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- You acknowledge that you are providing information to CFA and not to Facebook.
- By “administration” we mean the operation of any element of the Competition, such as collecting entries, conducting a drawing, judging entries, or notifying winners.
- By “communication” we mean promoting, advertising or referencing a Competition in any way on Facebook, e.g., in ads, on a Page, or in a Wall post.
- In the event of an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any conditions stated by Facebook, these Terms and Conditions apply to the extent of the inconsistency.
9. Publicity Release, Use of Personal Information
10. Copyright and consents
11. Exclusion of Liability
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
13. Additional Conditions from Facebook