- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CFA Open Day 2014
CFA Open Day formerly known as CFA Sunday is a great opportunity for brigades to have fun with their local community, discuss important fire safety information, plan for the upcoming fire season and unite with other brigades.
CFA Sunday’s name change is a direct result of feedback received from our members over the last few years.
This means that this year brigades don’t have to have their open day during Fire Action Week which runs from 16 to 23 November and can choose to have it on any day from September to December.
Last year, more than 200 brigades opened their doors to the public, and we’re hoping to top that this year!
In response to a survey asking about last year's CFA Sunday, a member of Hamilton brigade said, “We see it as great timing to take the opportunity for the brigade to get out and be seen just prior to Fire Danger Period.”
We are encouraging brigades to get out and about in their community – open your station doors or take CFA Open Day to local markets, town halls, parks, shopping precincts or anywhere else that works for you.
It is important to make it your own and have an event that suits your community, know your neighbors and approach them in the way they are most likely to respond. Each brigade is different and what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another.
Here are just a few ideas that might suit your Brigade:
- Join another local event – contact council to see what’s going on in the area
- Join forces with other brigades or emergency services
- Family fun day – kids entertainment
- Information session or workshop
- Bunnings sausage sizzle
Just like last year there are some great marketing materials available on the Template Toolkit to help brigades get the message out there. A new addition this year is the Event Material Booking System, an easy way to borrow event equipment such as flags, banners, furniture etc.
Participating brigades will also be able to order merchandise and have access to some funding to help make the day the best it can be, simply contact:
- Loddon Mallee: Your CECs, Kevin Sleep or Paul Tangey
- Grampians: Your CECs Chris Carey or Jenny McGennisken
- Barwon South West: Julie Owens
- Northern & Western Metro: Your CEC Nicolle McGill
- Eastern Metro: Your CEC Tarryn Campbell
- Southern Metro: Jennifer Pickford
- Hume: Rob Brown
- Gippsland: Mel McLeod
Get on board and help make CFA Open Day a great success!