- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CFA proud supporter of Cultural Diversity Week
Cultural Diversity Week brings together Victorians from all walks of life to promote community, harmony and celebrate the many cultures that make our state so vibrant.
Coordinated by the Victorian Multicultural Commission, the celebration extends over one week and coincides with the United Nations Day for the elimination of Racial Discrimination on 21 March.
Cultural Diversity Week 2017: Our Journey, Our Stories will be held from 18 – 26 March, 2017.
As part of the celebrations the Victorian Multicultural Commission hosts the Multicultural Festival at Federation square on Saturday 25 March from 12 to 6pm followed by a film festival.
CFA will be taking part in the festival in a joint display with Metropolitan Fire Brigade, State Emergency Services, Department of Justice and Surf Life Saving Australia whom will be engaging the community and providing valuable safety information. As we are moving towards the end of Daylight Savings, MFB and CFA will focus their information around Home Fire Safety and Change your Clocks / Change your Smoke Alarms, whilst SES will focus on storms and floods.
Kids will be entertained with April and Captain Koala singing and dancing, in their Fire Safety Show. And don’t miss out on the duo with Paddy the Platypus from SES and Captain Koala from CFA!
CFA will also be supporting and participating in other events around the State with;
- District 8 participating in the Harmony Festival in Harmony Square, Dandenong with Nada El-Masri our multicultural presenter. This event will take place on Wednesday 22 March from 2pm to 8pm
- District 15 participating in the Harmony Festival held in Ballarat on Sunday 26 March 2017. The festival will celebrate the music, dance, art and cuisine of various international cultures. CFA and other emergency services will have a marquee and community safety information for the attendees.
CFA will also be acknowledging and celebrating our cultural diversity through a number of News and Media stories in line with the theme of the week, Our Journey, Our Stories.
CFA encourages brigades to contact their local council to tap into events being held during the week or brigades can host their own Cultural Diversity Week event.