- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CFA scholarship recipients acknowledged
On 14 September 2017, three CFA members were acknowledged for receiving their 2016 Emergency Services Foundation (ESF) Scholarships.
CFA SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS ACKNOWLEDGED
28 September 2017
On the 14 September 2017, three CFA members were acknowledged for receiving their 2016 Emergency Services Foundation (ESF) Scholarships. The three CFA members were acknowledged alongside two other ESF Scholarship recipients from the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and Victoria Police. They were all joined by other senior representatives from key emergency services agencies and the ESF board.
The 2016 ESF Scholarship Awardees Luncheon and Presentation was generously hosted by Mrs Jeanne Pratt, held at “Raheen” in Kew. This property has been the Pratt family’s residence since 1981, and is of historic and architectural significance to the State of Victoria.
The purpose of the ESF Scholarship Scheme, is to enable fellowships and grants to be made to members of the Victorian Emergency Services to assist them to undertake advanced studies in Australia or overseas. This might be by participating in formal courses of education or training or by attachment for study or observation with other agencies or educational or training institutions to advance their educational and professional standards.
Emergency Services Agency heads need to fully endorse recommended applicants for scholarships, confirming the benefits that would flow to the agency if their nominee is successful and the proposed methodology suggested.
The 2016 ESF Scholarship awardees from CFA were:
- Philip Richard Hawkey, Vegetation Management Officer (District 12) and Euroa Fire Brigade member: Traditional Burning Practice Implications for planned burning in Victoria
- Senior Station Officer Gavin Parker (Traralgon FS): Identify the best practices for the prevention,detection and supression of fire in open cut brown coal mines,coal handling ,transport and processing including power generation facilities
- Senior Station Officer James Wong (Boronia FS): To explore the successful implementation of respiratory protection innovation and technology within complex structural environments
More information about ESF Scholarships can be found on the website at http://www.esf.com.au/. Furthermore, previous ESF Scholarship awardees and their studies can be viewed here.
There will be an ESF Scholarship information night to be conducted on Tuesday 07 November 2017 at MFB Burnley Complex from 1800-2000hrs. Please contact Jenny Davis (ESF Executive Officer) on 0406 003 765 should you need to discuss the 2018 ESF Scholarship Program or wish to attend this Information Night in November.
If you have any questions from a CFA perspective, you can contact: