- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CFA and St John combine to research leadership
CFA volunteers and St John Ambulance volunteers from the current VFBV Darley Leadership Program being run from Lilydale Fire Station have combined to research the effectiveness of current leadership appointment processes and the effects these processes have on succession planning.
With the results of this survey, the project team can review the appointment processes and present a new and improved leadership appointment process to the boards of Victoria's volunteer emergency services agencies at their presentation in August 2015.
You can find the survey at - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xt0cHiwaH_2_4gRoVJSGH3OxkgQoHF0-9jfakvdqMGI/viewform
The project team is keen to get input from as many volunteers as they can and are encouraging all members to complete the survey so they can better assess the impact of their proposal.
The project team will also be interviewing, in the case of CFA, Operation Managers and Operation Officers in their region. As for St John, they will be interviewing their divisional and regional management teams.
Members of the project team include
- Troy Smith – Captain, Hampton Park Fire Brigade (CFA)
- Paul Tandberg – Captain, Warragul Fire Brigade (CFA)
- Bruce Jewell – Captain, Drouin West Fire Brigade (CFA)
- Joshua Roberts – Divisional Coordinator , George Horne Division (St John)
- Julian Erdossy - Divisional Operations Officer, Greater Dandenong (St John)
- David Smith –Member, Greater Dandenong (St John)