- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Community bushfire exercise in Omeo
Community members from the high country of Omeo, Cobungra, Bundarrah, Anglers's Rest, Glen Valley, Glen Wills, Cassilis Road, Innisfail, were given the opportunity to take part in the education experience of a CFA " Community Bushfire Exercise" coordinated by the South East Region Community Education team.
The event was held on Saturday 28 October 2017 at the Omeo Recreation Reserve, followed by a community lunch.
The emphasis was put on the community working through two local bushfire scenerios which were very interactive. The workshop was hands on and was faciliated by CFA, in support was local Forest Fire Management staff.
Attendees were offered information on:
- Fire Behaviour – how does fire work
- Interactive / simulated fire activities – Looking at maps of Omeo and how fire will affect you, where fire could come from etc.
- Importance of a Bushfire Plan and what the plan needs to contain and burn table demonstration
There were approximately 50 community members in attedance, which was a great representation for such a small community.