- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
CoP leading the way
The second Leadership Community of Practice (CoP) was held on Saturday 15 March at South Morang Fire Station with more than 20 members in attendance.
The CoP is supported by Operational Training and Volunteerism and provides opportunity to build the knowledge and capacity of leaders within CFA. It is through this process of sharing information and experiences with the group that members will learn from each other and have an opportunity to
develop themselves personally and professionally.
The session was kicked off with Peter Ernest, who took members on a ‘values journey’. He instilled the message of Beliefs – Actions – Results. Belief that we can achieve something shapes the Actions we take to achieve it and the Results are what come from our efforts.
Participants also heard about current CFA leadership initiatives, inclluding:
- Leadership Catalogue– leadership themed books available to be borrowed by members
- Chief Officer Leadership Development Program
- Brigade Management Team toolkit and induction for new BMT members
- Leadership Development Hub - ‘one stop shop’ online for leadership information
- Leadership Library - a selection of 160 articles in 31 categories relating to leadership and management (these can be found on both the Intranet and Brigades Online under training>resources>leadership library)
The next CoP will allow participants to share their own innovative leadership initiatives and hear from others.
If you have been involved in a fantastic leadership initiative, or know of one that would be relevant for the CoP, please let us know about it, or come along and share it!
Sunday 18 May 2014 (location to be confirmed).