- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Creating Our Future Together - more about the next steps
I've been out and about over the past week and it's been great to hear your thoughts and talk with you about the proposed changes that I and senior leaders have been communicating.
I'd now like to give you a brief update about the intended changes.
One of the things you're telling us is that you'd like a bit more information about how teams might be structured. This is now available on Brigades Online and the CFA intranet under ‘Creating Our Future Together - Next Steps' where you'll find a presentation in the ‘Reference materials' section showing the proposed functional models for each directorate. We've also uploaded a copy of the presentation we've been taking people through so you can look at the information in your own time.
Q&A with the Executive Leadership Team
All CFA members can, of course, ask questions through the ‘Creating Our Future Together - Next Steps' website on Brigades Online and the CFA intranet. You can either submit a question to be answered publicly so all members can see the query and the response, or you can send a confidential question through to the team for a personal response.
I and the Executive Leadership Team* would also like to invite you to join us for an online question and answer session, where you can ask us anything about the proposed changes in real time.
We'll be running two sessions over the next couple of weeks, one at 1-2pm on Monday 29 July
and the second at 7-8pm on Monday 5 August.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions on the ‘Creating Our Future Together - Next Steps' website before the session to see if your question has already been asked and answered.
Feedback - we want to hear from you
We've already had lots of great feedback. I encourage all of you to take a moment to review the proposed changes and let us know what you think. In particular, we'd like to hear from you about:
- How best to progress the move from eight to five regions.
- The move towards a training and development statewide support service model.
- The best way to make the revised service delivery model (including the transfer of responsibility for support services from F&EM to the relevant support directorates) work.
- We continue to seek your thoughts on the overall statewide service support model (Finance, People and Culture, and Asset Maintenance).
Send your comments before 5pm on Friday 9 August by selecting the ‘Provide feedback' button on the ‘Creating Our Future Together - Next Steps' page on Brigades Online and the CFA intranet.
We look forward to hearing from you.
*The Executive Leadership Team is:
- Mick Bourke, Chief Executive Officer
- Euan Ferguson, Chief Officer
- David Spokes, Executive Director Performance and Strategy
- Fran Boyd, Executive Director People and Culture
- Lex De Man, Executive Director Operational Training and Volunteerism
- Mark Sullivan, Executive Director Communities and Communication
- Michael Wootten, Executive Director Business Services.