- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Equity and Diversity Review closing 18 November
CFA members still have the opportunity to contribute to the Independent Review into Equity and Diversity being conducted by the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC).
The Review will close on 18 November 2016, with the final report to be released in mid-2017.
Over the last four months VEOHRC have been talking to CFA members across the state about workplace culture, discrimination (including bullying) and sexual harassment.
The team will continue to conduct site visits up until the review closing date.
Thank you to everyone who has taken part in the review to date. I encourage you all to continue to support and participate in this review, so that we can keep working towards a CFA which is genuinely inclusive and which reflects the communities we serve.
I have included an update from VEOHRC Commissioner Kristen Hilton below, which I encourage you to read.
Further information on the review can also be found on Brigades Online/staff Intranet.
Message from Kristen Hilton
CFA members (past and present) can still contribute to the Independent Review into Equity and Diversity being conducted by the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC).
The Review will close on 18 November 2016 and then report back in mid-2017.
VEOHRC is in the field now talking to CFA members about workplace culture, discrimination (including bullying) and sexual harassment. You still have a chance to tell VEOHRC about the amazing work CFA does as well as any difficult experiences you’ve had.
The online survey is independently hosted by VEOHRC. A paper-based version is also available upon request, or alternatively CFA members can arrange a confidential interview on the phone or in person.
Driving equity and diversity, and making sure our workplaces are safe and respectful for everyone, is crucial to creating an inclusive and safe workplace.
Key facts about the Independent Review:
- The review will not name individual people or individual worksites in the final report
- If you want to participate, you can do it confidentially and anonymously. The review team take this very seriously
- The review will make different systemic recommendations to CFA and MFB based on our findings and the types of work people do in each organisation
- You can call or email the review team using the details below.
Contact the VEOHRC
If you have any other questions, you can email or call the dedicated review team on:
- Confidential phone line: (03) 9032 3464
- Website: http://www.victorianhumanrightscommission.com/EDR
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission