- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
ESF Scholarships 2013
Three CFA volunteers and one CFA staff member have won scholarships under the Emergency Services Foundation Scholarship 2013 Awards program.
CFA’s Stephen Walls (CFA) received his scholarship award of $9000 for multi-agency training, education and professional development for strategic level incident management.
Successful CFA volunteers to be each awarded a Victorian Government funded scholarship were:
- Glen Bosua CFA – Utilising Water Support Units. - $8,000.00
- Tony Bundock CFA –Investigate best practice models of building a resilient emergency and rescue service within a contracting fiscal environment.-$ 8,000.00
- Carl Gibson CFA – Training methods to improve decision making and safety.- $9,000.00
The Scholarship Scheme enables fellowships and grants to be made to members of CFA and other Victorian Emergency Services assists members to undertake advanced studies in Australia or overseas. The Foundation has awarded over 105 scholarships since 1988.
Scholarships may include participation in formal courses of education or training or by attachment for study or observation with other agencies or educational or training institutions to advance educational and professional standards.
In addition, members can develop their individual vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in order to improve the range, quality and efficiency of theemergency services for the benefit of the community.