- Yarriambiack Shire Council (Remainder) – that part south of the line described by the following roads: Dimboola / Minyip Road, Stawell / Warracknabeal Road, C. Loats Road and Donald / Murtoa Road.
- West Wimmera Shire Council (Northern Part) – that part north of the line described by the following roads: Elliots Track, Northern Break, Kaniva / Edenhope Road, McDonald Track, McDonald Highway, Nhill / Harrow Road, and Southern Break.
The Fire Danger Period means fires cannot be lit in the open air without a written permit from CFA or from a Municipal Fire Prevention Officer.
Fire Danger Period restrictions: the details
- Fires in the open air are legally restricted when a FDP is declared in a municipality by CFA. A written permit is required to burn off grass, undergrowth, weeds or other vegetation. This permit is issued by the Municipal Fire Prevention Officer or the CFA District Office.
- Lighting a fire in the open without a permit is an offence and can bring a penalty of nearly $17,000 and/or 12 months imprisonment. All burn-offs should be registered with the VicFireBurn-off notification line on 1800 668 511.
- Barbeques and fires for cooking and warmth do not require a permit, but must: be lit in properly constructed fireplaces (i.e. metal, stone or concrete), not be used in strong winds (less than or equal to 10km per hour), be clear of all flammable material for 3m from the outer perimeter and be supervised at all times by a person who has the means and capacity to extinguish the fire. (details in Can I or Can’t I).
- The use of: an incinerator, chainsaw/lawn mower, welding/grinding equipment, vehicles that come in contact with vegetation and machinery with an internal combustion/heat engine are permitted provided guidelines are followed (details in Can I or Can’t I).
- CFA's On the Land: Agricultural Fire Management Guidelines provides practical fire management advice for people living and working on rural properties and is particularly useful to those new to farming. To view and/or download the guidelines, go to the CFA website.