- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Grampians Fire Community Meetings
Community meetings will be held for the Grampians fire now known as Grampians Northern Complex fire 18.00 today at Laharum Hall, Laharum, and tomorrow at Halls Gap recreation reserve at 10.00am and Dadswells Bridge at midday.
CFA Chief Officer Euan Ferguson said the community meeting will provide the affected residents with the latest information available on the fires in Roses Gap, Heathvale, Laharum, Zumsteins and Wartook area.
“There is currently an emergency warning for the Grampians Nothern Complex fire, formerly known as the Grampians, Pohlners Road West fire,” Mr Ferguson said.
“There are two bushfires travelling in a southerly direction from the Pohlners Road area towards the Wartook Valley, and spotfires and ember attacks are occurring across Roses Gap Road.
The emergency warning advises the community that leaving now is the safest option, before conditions become too dangerous and emergency services may not be able to help residents.
Tomorrow’s conditions are expected to be more severe than today and fire in the area is likely to spread rapidly.
The community can travel to the relief centre at Horsham Senior Citizens Centre, Roberts Avenue Horsham, the home of family or friends that is away from the warning area and the nearest regional area such as Horsham or Hamilton.
- Via www.cfa.vic.gov.au.
- Tune to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations or Sky News TV.
- Call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on freecall 1800 240 667.
- Deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment can contact VBIL via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
- Download the FireReady App and follow CFA on Twitter or Facebook.
- Road Closures: check VicRoads website.