- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Bushfire in Gembrook
This afternoon (22 November) firefighters were called to assist with a bushfire at the Bunyip State Park in Gembrook.
CFA and Forest Fire Management Victoria firefighters were called to the incident on Avards Track shortly before 2.30pm.
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning is managing the incident.
The fire is currently around 20 hectares in size.
Water bombing aircraft are in attendance.
Seven CFA vehicles from Toomuc, Gembrook, Bunyip, Tynong and Cardinia Group are in attendance.
There is smoke in the area. If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call 000.
There is currently no threat to communities, but you should continue to monitor conditions and stay informed via:
- Via www.emergency.vic.gov.au.
- Tune in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
- Call the VicEmergency Hotline to talk to someone about preparedness on freecall 1800 226 226.
- People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have a speech/communication impairment can contact VicEmergency Hotline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
- For help with English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to telephone VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who cannot speak English, provide them with this number.
- Download the VicEmergency app or follow VicEmergency on Twitter (#vicfires) or Facebook.