- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
International Women’s Day Wednesday 8 March
As Chief Officer I take seriously the need for CFA to be an inclusive organisation. We all have a role in supporting diversity and ensuring our organisation is a safe and welcoming environment for women.
We are making important inroads in getting women more involved in CFA, both at a career level and also as volunteers. A critical part of this is making sure whether it is headquarters, in the districts or at brigade level – CFA is welcoming.
International Women’s Day provides an opportunity to recognise our female staff and volunteers and the contribution they make to our organisation.
This important day also affords an opportunity for each of us to take stock of our own attitudes and work environment and reflect on how welcoming and inclusive we are as individuals.
My pledge for International Women’s Day is to think about how I can encourage women participating in meetings to have their voices and views heard. This is especially important for encouraging younger women to feel empowered.
The theme for International Women’s Day this year is ‘be bold for change’. This is not just a message for a female audience. I encourage each of you to embrace this and see how you can contribute to making CFA a more inclusive organisation.
On March 8 - I will #beboldforchange – will you?
How you can get involved:
Be part of International Women’s Day – host an event at your brigade, district or business area. Organising a morning tea or afternoon tea is a great way to bring your work place together.
This will provide an important opportunity to highlight the achievements of women and also commit ourselves to positive change across CFA.
Tips for creating your morning or afternoon tea:
- Get the date – 8th March in people’s diaries
- Recruit some helpers to share the responsibilities
- Print out and put up the attached poster in your workplace – link here and also attached
- Enlist the support of local leadership to drive participation
- Upload pics of your IWD event to our social media channels using #beboldforchange #cfavic
- Download and print out #beboldforchange selfie cards to promote via social media – link here and also attached
- Share stories of diversity and inclusion with us through CFA News and Media
Tell us your story!