- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Invitation from CFA Snow Sports Club
The Australian snow season began over the June long weekend.
The CFA Snow Sports club is planning ahead for some winter alpine action, with the support from CFA Sports and Recreation Association.
Story by James Wong
What’s proposed for the 2015 season ahead:
- Mt Buller day trip – Tuesday 21 July 2015 (a C platoon 2nd D/S and a D platoon 2nd N/S). CFA Snow Sports plan is to collate names of who would be intending to go, and get some organisation about logistics (ie. car-pooling, meeting points, etc.) and assisting any members with information about a daytrip to the snow.
- Mt Buller day trip – Wednesday 19 August 2015 (a D platoon 1st D/S and a A platoon 1st N/S). CFA Snow Sports plan is to collate names of who would be intending to go, and get some organisation about logistics (ie. car-pooling, meeting points, etc.) and assisting any members with information about a daytrip to the snow. We already have B Platoon Frankston waxing their skis and boards (and maybe legs) and some early transport arrangements.
- Alpine Climbing trip – TBA and TBC, but possibly some time b/t Aug and Oct. This is a little more complex to organise, and will be largely dependent on snow/ice conditions, equipment availability, access, etc. CFA Snow Sports plan is to collate names of who would be interested, whether it be a daytrip or an overnight stay or too (most likely in tents), and get some organisation around alpine climbing experience and skill level. We will also assist any members with information about alpine climbing, as these types of activities are not openly encouraged by the alpine resorts due to the specialised nature of such.
So, please check all the relevant alpine resort websites for lift ticket pricing and entry, mountain information, weather forecasts and snow conditions.
We encourage any members to visit the CFA Snow Sports Facebook page. If you share a passion for the beautiful Australian alpine environment, then get on board (or skis for that matter!!
The CFA Snow Sports club will only be as good as its members and what we all make of it. Please spread the word.
From Beano and Wongy
LFF Paul Allan (Frankston B platoon)
SO James Wong (Frankston A platoon)