- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Knox Multi-Agency Specialist Appliance Display
Knox Group CFA is hosting its 4th Multi-Agency Specialist Appliance Display on Sunday 17 April 2016 at Bunjil Way in Knoxfield. With 13 Emergency Service Agencies taking part and around 70 appliances attending, it promises to be a very informative and spectacular display.
The display commences at 9am and finishes at 1pm and is open to all emergency services members with an interest in specialist vehicles and gear that can be called upon for any emergency event. It provides members with an opportunity to gain an insight into the vehicles and gear with staff on site to explain their use and capabilities. It is expected that there will be up to 70 specialist vehicles attending covering everything from command, rescue, hazardous material response, ambulance medical, communications, general fire response, Coast Guard (vessels), police response, etc.
The event will be in the form of a static display but will include some practical demonstrations across the duration of the event. Agencies represented on the day include CFA, MFB, DELWP, Parks Vic, Victoria Police, Ambulance Victoria, SES, Coast Guard, St John Ambulance, NSA, EMV, SEM Fire & Rescue and others.
The central aims of the display are to:
- form a collection of specialist and/or support vehicles that would attend a multi-agency incident or event. This will allow emergency services personnel and interested parties to familiarise themselves with the myriad of resources we have available to us in the emergency services sector. It also provides the emergency services community with a more informed opportunity to network between agencies on the day.
- provide an ideal opportunity for anyone contemplating building a new specialist vehicle to see not only what is already out there in the sector but to gain ideas on what could be included on any new build, particularly regarding fit out, markings and safety features.
Contact for the display
If you would like to know more about the event or would be interested in displaying a specialist vehicle or specialist gear contact:
Ian Atherton, Deputy Group Officer – Operations Support, Knox Group
mobile: 0433 364 544
Thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope to see you at the display.