- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Memorable first call out?
If you are a new member to CFA and had a memorable first call out during the past six months, we’d like to hear from you.
Maybe your first call involved responding to a major incident (not necessarily a bushfire), or maybe you went out on a strike team.
Perhaps the first time you turned out with your brigade was memorable for another reason.
So why do we want to hear from you?
National Volunteer Week is coming up on 9-15 May. During this week CFA will be working to raise awareness of the work of ALL our amazing volunteers.
One way we would like to do that is by encouraging local media to publish stories about CFA volunteers. Every year we choose a story theme that we think would be of interest
What happens then?
A CFA staff member will be in touch with you shortly (though if we are swamped with responses we might not be able to get to everyone right away).
We will do a quick interview and write up your story for the website. A link to your story will then be sent to your local media, and they may wish to contact you further.
Can I send in a story idea on behalf of someone else?
If someone has done fantastic work on their first call out but doesn’t want to ‘blow their own trumpet’, then feel free to talk to us on their behalf. Please do make sure you have their permission first.
I want to promote volunteering for CFA but don’t have a story that fits that theme.
We’d definitely encourage you to contact your local paper with any story ideas for volunteer week, or at any time of the year. If you would like to upload a story onto this website but don’t have an account yet, simply click ‘Contribute’, then follow the links.
You can find tips for engaging with your local media on Brigades Online:
- Enter ‘Template Toolkit’ into the search bar
- Select ‘How to and Help’ from the red boxes
- Scroll down to find the section on ‘engaging with local media’
Privacy Collection Statement
- Your information will be collected by CFA Communication and Legal Services Department so that we can contact you with regards to National Volunteer Week 2016
- Your details will not be shared with any other CFA departments or external organisations without your knowledge, but with your permission we may pass on your details to media outlets (e.g. local press or radio).
- If you don’t feel comfortable with providing your full contact details we would need you to provide us with a full write up of your story so that we can publish this without the need to contact/speak with you further.