- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
New Mental Health video series
The Organisational Wellbeing team is continuing its Managing your Mental Health video series, releasing a number of informational videos around key mental health issues.
The videos are presented by psychologist Arthur Papagiannis, who has worked with CFA over a number of years to help the organisation better support members to manage their mental health.
In the videos, Mr Papagiannis discusses what mental illness is and talks through the causes and
symptoms of common mental health issues including depression, anxiety and stress.
There are a number of factors that can impact on the mental health of CFA members including potentially traumatic incidents; bullying, harassment and discrimination; interpersonal conflicts and mental illness.
However, you can proactively monitor and manage your mental health, just as you would your
You can do this by:
- Understanding your mental health risks – that is, those situations or interactions that may trigger difficult thoughts or feelings in you
- Recognising the warning signs that something might not be right, particularly changes in behaviour such as sleeplessness, irritability or poor concentration
- Taking action to address the issue
The new videos add to the range of free, confidential support services and resources CFA has
available to help members with each of these steps.