- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Nominate for the 2017 Victorian Senior of the Year
The Victorian Senior of the Year Awards acknowledge older Victorians who volunteer to assist, support and encourage others in their communities.
There are a number of award categories recognising seniors as mentors, educators, role models, leaders, or behind-the-scenes workers.
The categories are:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year to an individual for an outstanding contribution to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award to an individual for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in the community.
- Healthy and Active Living Award to an individual for helping to create active and healthy communities through community involvement and as a role model.
- Veteran Community Award to an individual for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community. The recipient of the award does not need to be a veteran.
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards to individuals for significant contributions to local communities in Victoria.
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award recognises an organisation for creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.
The 2017 awards will be presented in October at a ceremony at Government House.
Nominations are now open until 23 June 2017.