- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Opportunity for go-getters
Applications are now open for the Emergency Services Foundation (ESF) Scholarship for 2014, with all CFA members welcome to apply.
The scholarship assists members from across Victoria’s emergency services to undertake advanced studies in Australia or overseas, by providing fellowships or grants.
Studies might take the form of a formal training course or enable personnel to be attached to another agency or educational institution for the purpose of study, research or observation.
To apply, you'll need to identify the topic, scope and format of the studies you’d like to undertake and:
• Apply to the above email address by 27 January 2014 – making sure your written application matches the criteria
• If necessary, work with a CFA committee who may advise you to make some changes to your application.
CFA will select a short-list of entries to be forwarded on to ESF, who will notify successful applicants by 21st April 2014.
For members in and around Melbourne, there will be an information session held on Tuesday 29 October at the MFB Burnley Complex, 450 Burnley St Richmond (light refreshments provided).
The session will be a great opportunity to find out how to go about applying for the scholarship and receive some guidance from other emergency service personnel who have been successful.
For any members not sure if the Scholarship is worth looking into, the Emergency Services Foundation website encourages you to consider the following:
• Have you found an area that needs further development?
• Is there a better way to do the task?
• Want to improve your skills?
• Have you a passion to teach others about what you have learnt?
• Willing to learn from others?
• Are you keen to analysis processes and try new ideas?
• Are you keen to improve community safety?
For further information about the Burnley information night, contact Adam Smibert from the MFB on 0411 883 463 or Jenny Davis, (ESF Admin Secretary) on 0406 003 765.
Read about a past scholarship recipient here.