- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Q&A: CFA’s future training strategy
CFA members are invited to an online discussion about the new state-wide ‘CFA Operational Training Strategy’ at 7pm tonight (Wednesday 19 December).
Development of the strategy is now underway after the release of CFA’s ‘Consultation Themes and Outcomes Report’ last week, which has seen feedback from many individuals, brigades, groups, districts and regions.
Executive Director Operational Training & Volunteerism Lex de Man will be joined by OTV Executive Manager Training Development James Stitz to take questions and feedback on the next steps as well as progress to date.
The Operational Training Strategy directly supports CFA’s response to a number of recent reviews and inquiries, particularly the 2011 Inquiry into the Effect of Arrangements made by the CFA on its Volunteers (the Jones Inquiry).
View the replay below. Click here to download a printable transcript.
Previous online Q&A’s:
- Implementing the Jones Inquiry Q&A
- Pre-season Q&A with the Chief
- Online Q&A: radios and pagers
- CEO Q&A - priorities for CFA
- Discussing fire management planning
- Second Q&A: the role of the group
- Chief Q&A: Role of the group
- Fiskville Q&A replay
- Q&A with Lex de Man.