- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Queen Mary 2 thanks CFA
Given that summer is a busy time in Australia, not only for tourists visiting our shores, but also for emergency services, the owners of the ship – the Queen Mary 2 have this year decided to dedicate their voyage to Australia’s ‘summer heroes’.
Here’s the really exciting bit – they have offered CFA 5 free double passes for members who have worked directly on the fires this summer to sail the Queen Mary 2 from Brisbane to Sydney in early March (that’s less than two weeks away!)
Here’s what’s on offer:
- 5 x double passes for CFA members to sail the cruise liner Queen Mary 2
- Voyage departs Brisbane 5 March, arrives in Sydney 7 March, 2013
- Includes free return flights from Melbourne (airport transfers not included)
- You’ll be joining an emergency services contingent on board – Queensland SES who helped with floods, NSW RFS and Tasmania Fire Service who fought the fires, all in their respective states.
- Attend dinner at the Commodore’s table, and attend the charity auction on board one night, where funds will be raised for the Australian Red Cross
- Participate in a media event once the ship docks in Sydney, where a cheque will be presented to the Australian Red Cross from the charity auction on board.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Your name, contact email, telephone number and CFA member number
- Name of the fire you worked at and what your role was
- The dates you worked at the fire
- You need to send in your email by COB Monday 25 February
Note – you don’t have to have specifically worked on the fireground, you could have also worked at an ICC.
Apologies we only received this kind offer yesterday, so unfortunately we need to turn this around quickly. The lucky winners will be announced mid next week.
What a brilliant way for five lucky members to be recognised for service to their communities.