- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Second round of grant applications now open
As part of the 2016-17 Summer Fire Campaign, CFA is once again running the Summer Fire Safety Local Initiatives Grant Program.
The program offers one-off funding grants to brigades and community organisations to enable the delivery of summer fire safety activities. Applications are now open and will close Sunday 15 January 2017.
CFA wants to encourage projects that seek to empower community leadership, increase fire awareness, promote shared responsibility and self-reliance, and ultimately strengthen community resilience within Victoria.
All projects must be delivered in high-risk areas or with high-risk or vulnerable groups and initial stage will need to be completed (including evaluation) by 28 April 2017. Projects that incorporate a broader focus than just fire safety (for example heat health) are strongly encouraged.
Round 1 resulted in 18 projects being funded.
Mary Farrow from the Emerald Community House with the Leave Early Street Theatre project said, “We are very excited to finally do this project. We have been wanting to do it for years, thank you!”
Thanks to the program:
- Stereo 974 and 97.4FM, which cover the Sunshine area, will be broadcasting summer fire messages in 13 languages
- Omeo Foodworks will have a window display with fire safety messages highlighting the risk of grass and bushfire and how to plan and prepare
- Mansfield will be holding a trivia night which includes safety messaging. The trivia kit will be developed so it can be shared and used by different groups.
Successful applicants will be notified late January.