News & Media
- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Supporting our volunteers
As you would be aware, the CFA volunteer support package included funds allocated for the engagement of sixty-four (64) Volunteer Support Officers (VSOs) to provide firefighters with the support they needed to perform at their best and to keep our communities safe.
As a part of this initiative VFBV were allocated funding to employ four (4) field based resources.
It is with great pleasure that I can now announce the following initiatives to bring on board a total of sixty (60) additional project resources to enhance support to volunteers within CFA.
As you may be aware the following project roles commenced in April 2014, under the Volunteer Support Program.
• Twenty-one (21 resources) working on a Brigade Sustainability Pilot (sitting within the Fire and Emergency Management directorate).
• Ten (10 resources) working on a Wellbeing Pilot (sitting in the People and Culture directorate).
Additional project resources are as follows;
• Twenty (20 resources) in Field Based project positions sitting within the Operational Training & Volunteerism directorate (OT&V). These roles will co-ordinate and facilitate district volunteerism programs.
• Nine (9 resources) working in the Statewide Volunteerism team (within OT&V) developing statewide programs, tools and resources to support volunteers.
They will report centrally and collaborate with Operations Managers, current field staff and key stakeholders on identified priorities.
As I’ve indicated, some initiatives are already underway and all of the 60 people will have commenced employment by July.
Let us not forget that as employees we all have a role to support volunteers. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the work you undertake in supporting volunteers.
Last Updated: 10 December 2015