- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Time to blow your own horn
There is now a quick and easy way to let the community and your fellow CFA members know what events and activities you and your brigade have planned.
Or perhaps you would like to find out what others have planned? Simply visit cfa.vic.gov.au/events and follow the prompts.
Once you submit your details your event will be on the CFA website live map for all to see.
This is now the way to register your events for CFA Open Day (formerly CFA Sunday) and to let your communities know what you have planned.
If you haven’t already, have a chat with your brigade about what activities you would like to plan as part of your CFA Open Day event. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel, as long as you keep in mind your community’s needs.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Small brigades or those new to CFA Open Day might like to team up with other brigades to host a joint event.
- Brigades in a less accessible locations could look at hosting their events at local shopping centres, parks or other communal and well-positioned venues.
- Communities with an elderly demographic may like to plan a workshop or information session at a location or community centre that is easily accessible.
- For family-based communities, ensure there is plenty of children’s entertainment.
For more information or advice on registering or planning your CFA Open Day Event visit cfa.vic.gov.au/events or contact your CEC.
Other related stories: