- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Total Fire Ban declared in the Mallee
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for Thursday, 19 March 2015 for the following fire weather district:
CFA State Duty Officer Gavin Thompson said the north west part of Victoria remained dry and ready to burn.
“We are expecting high temperatures and strong winds tomorrow. This combined with dry fuels poses a severe fire risk in the Mallee region,” he said.
“Victorians in the north west part of the state need to remain vigilant and fire ready.”
Mr Thompson urged Victorians to visit CFA website’s can I or can’t I page to get familiar with the rules around what was permitted on a day of total fire ban.
He said it was vital to never rely on just one source of information but to use multiple sources including:
- ABC local radio, commercial and designated radio stations or Sky News
- The FireReady App – which sends push notifications for incidents, Total Fire Bans and what Fire Danger Rating
- The emergency.vic.gov.au website
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line 1800 240 667
- CFA Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“While information was easily accessible, people should not rely on receiving a warning before deciding what they will do,” Mr Thompson said.
“Your safety is your responsibility.”