- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Total Fire Bans for Wimmera and Mallee
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for Monday 7 December 2015 for the Wimmera and Mallee weather districts.
CFA Chief Officer Joe Buffone said tomorrow will bring Severe weather conditions to North West Victoria in the Wimmera and Mallee.
“With the warm weather having started so early this year, the State is dry and ready to burn”, he said.
“It will be particularly hot and dry inland with strengthening winds. And we’re expecting storms to come through on Tuesday which will present dangers of lightning and strong winds.”
Chief Officer Buffone urged Victorians to visit CFA’s website to check the Can and Can’t I page to familiarise themselves with the rules around what is and isn’t permitted on a day of total fire ban.
“Communities also need to be aware of their surroundings and stay informed. It’s vital to never rely on just one source of information but to use multiple sources.” These include:
- ABC local radio, commercial and designated radio stations or Sky News
- The FireReady App – which sends push notifications for incidents, Total Fire Bans and Fire Danger Ratings
- The emergency.vic.gov.au website
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line Tel. 1800 240 667
- CFA Twitter www.twitter.com/cfa_updates and CFA Facebook www.facebook.com/cfavic
Chief Officer Buffone said that while information was easily accessible, people should not rely on receiving a warning before deciding what they will do.