- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Upcoming storytelling workshop
CFA members are invited to participate in a CFA/ACMI digital storytelling workshop this 28, 29 and 30 June 2013.
The workshop is open to 14-16 members from around the state and is being run to capture stories of CFA from our members' perspectives.
At the end of the three days, stories will be compiled on a DVD to be used, with permission, to promote CFA and create awareness of who we are and what we do. Participants do not need any experience in using a computer or camera. ACMI facilitators will help you every step of the way.
The workshop is funded by Valuing Volunteers Program, Department of Justice, State Government of Victoria.
- Available to attend all three days of a workshop in Melbourne, on Friday 28th, Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th June
- Time: 930am – 430pm each day
- Desire and energy to script, produce and deliver your own CFA short story, with the help of trained ACMI facilitators every step of the way.
What will happen at the workshop?
ACMI trained staff will assist the CFA delegation with technology but it is important to note that participants are required to produce the stories themselves. It is OK if you have little or no production experience.
To complete the story within the timeframe the production value of the story may need to be simple. This does not mean the story will not be effective. Stories can be personal, brigade, group, district or region oriented. We want to capture a cross section of stories from our members right across CFA. These stories will be used internally and externally for CFA (with your permission)
What you get
- CFA members who are available and selected to participate in the pilot Digital Storytelling workshop will;
- 3-day pass to the CFA/ACMI Workshop
- Create a digital story showcasing ‘My (our) story of being a CFA Volunteer’
- A copy of the final digital story, professionally mastered on DVD (along with all workshop participants stories)
- Meals and Accommodation in Melbourne CBD (Hotel on Friday and Saturday night only)
- Public Transport Reimbursement
Get involved now
If you think you have what it takes – and can make yourself available for the workshop – please let us know in 100 words or less an outline for your story.
Be as creative as you like! Feel free to capture on film (2 mins max), in writing, or via email.
Some ideas to help you get started…..
- Why do you volunteer?
- What are some of the things you do at CFA?
- Most memorable event? What is special about your brigade?
- What does being a CFA Volunteer mean to you?
- How long have you been a member?
- What would you like to pass on to future CFA members?
- What are the best things about CFA?
- What do you know now that you wish you had have known when you joined CFA?
Expressions of Interest close on May 31st, 2013