- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Updated Members Quick Reference Guide available
As a CFA member, the community looks to you for all kinds of information relating to fires. Your local knowledge and experience means you can talk to people about their risk and things they can do to make them safer.
Whether you’re at an open day, incident or other community event, you are bound to be approached by people for advice when you wear the CFA uniform.
The Members Quick Reference Guide is designed to keep CFA members informed of the most up‑to-date tools, publications and messages that can help you engage with your local community. The conversations you have with people can go a long way towards keeping them safe.
As a CFA member you have a highly respected voice in your community. Coming from you, this information makes a difference!
What’s in it?
- General conversation starters
- CFA key messages
- CFAs Fire Safety programs
- Engagement tools including details of fire safety publications and social media links
- House fire conversations starters and smoke alarm information
- Bushfire preparedness information including fire danger ratings and warnings, fire weather districts
- ‘Can I, Can’t I’ and burning off information
- Grassfire and urban fringe fire messages
- Key contacts including: CFA Welfare services , burnoff notification, Victorian Bushfire Information Line, Region/District HQs
The Members Quick Reference Guide is developed with the assistance of the Member Engagement Volunteer Reference Group.
Hardcopies of the Member Quick Reference Guide are available from your regionally based Community Education Coordinator (CEC).