- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
VESEP 2015-16 opens
In recognition of the significant contribution made by emergency services volunteers the Minister for Emergency Services Jane Garrett MLA has opened the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program 2015-16 today.
The VESEP program is an ongoing program funded by the Victorian Government, which provides access to grants for local volunteer emergency services groups including the CFA.
On behalf of the Victorian Government Jane Garrett expressed her thanks to all volunteers across the state for their help, passion and dedication.
The CFA VESEP Steering Committee has recommended the following categories are priorities for this funding round:
- Improvements to volunteer amenities
- Items that enhance operational safety
- New or replacement auxiliary operational equipment
- The provision of brigade training aides
- Field command vehicles to assist fireground management
- New or replacement specialist appliances
- The replacement of aged firefighting appliances
All program details are available on Brigades Online (Brigade > Property & Equipment > Brigade Owned Vehicles > Current VESEP Details).
Application packs are being mailed to every brigade and group secretary.
Completed applications need to be forwarded to your operations manager by 27 April 2015.
The Minister is expected to announce the approved projects in late July 2015.
The funding formula allows $2 VESEP for every $1 brigade/group, with a maximum VESEP contribution of $100,000.