- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
VESEP 2016 Successful Projects
CFA brigades and groups will share $9.3 million for projects as part of today’s Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) announcement.
The successful grants were announced this afternoon by Minister James Merlino at Bendigo SES, awarded to CFA, SES, Life Saving Victoria, Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association and other volunteer service organisations.
Of the 179 CFA grants, 56 are for replacing or upgrading vehicles, 79 for improvements to volunteer amenities, and 44 for equipment items.
Successful grant applicants will be notified in the coming week by mail, or members can check listings via CFA Online http://cfaonline.cfa.vic.gov.au/mycfa/Show?pageId=bovVehicleAbout
Today’s announcement also included $2.8 million for statewide initiative supporting CFA volunteer brigades and groups, including:
- Provision of specialist cool climate clothing
- Big Fill Trailers
- Generators for high priority local command facilities
- Toilet program continuation
- DMO fleet maintenance & Coast Guard vehicle maintenance
- VFBV VESEP support & championship items.
- Development of a seat prototype for use in Roll Over Protection area
For these initiatives there is no brigade contribution required.
Under the VESEP program, the government contributes $2 for every $1 contributed by volunteers, with funding typically going towards operational equipment, vehicles, trucks, tankers, watercraft, trailers and minor facility improvements.
Read a State Government media release http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/category/media-release/