- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Victorian Senior of the Year Awards – nominate now
CFA is supported by people of all ages, and now we have the opportunity to recognise senior members who are making a difference.
The Victorian Senior of the Year Awards recognises the valuable contributions of older Victorians to our community. They celebrate the many women and men, aged 60 and over, whose volunteer work supports and encourages others in their community.
You can have their contribution acknowledged by nominating them for one of several awards.
The categories are:
- Premier's Award for Victorian Senior of the Year for an outstanding contribution to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity
- Healthy and Active Living Award for helping create active and healthy communities
- Veteran Community Award for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards for significant contributions to their local communities and Victoria
The selection criteria will be based on:
- How the nominee makes a difference in their community through volunteering.
- The nominee’s good standing in the community.
- How the nominee’s positive attitude towards aging inspires others.
Download nomination forms for the Victorian Senior of the Year Awards and the Age-Friendly Victoria Award from seniorsonline.vic.gov.au
Nominations close on 30 June 2016.