- Latest news
- South West
- South East
- North East
- North West
- Media Releases
- Community Safety
- Events / Fundraising / Offers
- Incidents - Bushfire
- Incidents - Other
- Incidents - Structure
- Incidents - Vehicle / Rescue / Hazmat
- Vehicles / Equipment / Buildings
- Operational Information
- Planning & Research
- Training & Recruitment
- Youth & Juniors
- Health & Safety
- CEO Updates
- Chief Officer Updates
Volunteering counts at La Trobe Uni
Young CFA volunteers take note: La Trobe’s new Aspire Early Admissions Program is an initiative for school leavers for entry into La Trobe University from Semester 1, 2015.
The Aspire Program recognises the positive impact that a student has had on their local community. Community engagement and objective school achievement form a significant part of the assessment criteria of the Aspire program, not ATAR scores.
Assessment criteria includes:
• A recommendation from a school principal (or their nominee) endorsing a student's academic capability for their selected course
• A written statement about their community involvement - through school, sport or cultural organisations, or by volunteering. Community involvement will be evaluated by:
* Role – how the applicant was involved, whether they had a leadership role, were part of a group, or acted individually.
* Impact – the extent of the applicant's impact on the community through their actions.
* Level of commitment - whether the applicant was involved regularly and length of involvement.
Students will be able to apply across all La Trobe courses at all of our campuses. Offers will be made to successful applicants as early as September. Offers are conditional and based on a student meeting the minimum ATAR of 50 for entry to all courses, with the exception of a number of professional degree programs, including selected health science and law degrees.
A key feature of Aspire will be the enrichment program which will accompany a student's offer. The enrichment program will run from September through to March and will assist our new students in building a strong relationship with La Trobe University whilst supporting them through the final stages of VCE and preparing them for university life.
The enrichment program will provide high quality and high impact opportunities including:
•Voucher to VCE revision lectures to be held in the September school holidays
•Mentoring from a La Trobe University student ambassador
•La Trobe University library card and details about our library services
•'Passport to the world' a booklet detailing our study abroad program.
- Applications open - 1 July, 2014
- Applications close - 31 August, 2014
Want to know more? Get in touch with La Trobe University.
T: 1300 135 045