Movember is a global fundraiser making a difference in mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
Hundreds of CFA members took part in last year’s Movember challenge and raised over $29,000.
Since 2003, Movember has funded more than 1,250 men’s health projects around the world, challenging the status quo, shaking up men’s health research and transforming the way health services reach and support men.
There are three great ways to get involved this year:
- Grow a mo
- Move 60km by running or walking
- Host a moment
As part of our commitment to improving mental health, we are encouraging members to become Mo Bros and Mo Sisters by growing a moustache, getting physically active, or hosting an online event.
Money raised will go towards funding and delivering mental health services and help meet Movember’s goal of reducing male suicide by 25 per cent by 2030.
CFA members wishing to participate are asked to follow these simple guidelines:
- Sign up on the Movember website. Returning for another Movember? Just log in to your old Mo Space
- Either be a team captain and start a team, join an existing team or be brave and go it alone
- After you have joined your team or made the decision to Mo alone, join the CFA page and see how we are going on the First Responders Challenge
- Ensure any fundraising is not conducted in a face-to-face setting or using cash which carries health risks. Consider online or contact-free options
- Participation in CFA apparel or brigade T-shirts is encouraged, however for health and safety reasons turn-out gear, breathing apparatus or other personal protective clothing/equipment must not be used
- To comply with current CFA rules on non-essential station attendance, members must participate either at home or outdoors in public places, not at CFA stations or sites
- Likewise, any online fundraising or promotional activity can be undertaken in CFA apparel, but must comply with local DHHS restrictions, and not be done at CFA stations or sites, nor in turn-out gear.
- If participating outside, ensure you are complying with local DHHS coronavirus exercise restrictions including how many people you can exercise with and for how long.
- Check the Stage 3 and Stage 4 restrictions.
Participants are encouraged to share their workout progress on social media, by tagging #MOVEMBER on their pictures and videos.
If you would like Movember decals sent to you to help fundraise for Movember please contact wellbeing at email@example.com
CFA Wellbeing Support Line
If you are not OK, or if you notice a change in someone you know, contact the CFA Wellbeing Support Line on 1800 959 232 to access free, confidential support that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Wellbeing services are available to all CFA volunteers, employees and their immediate family members.
To view the complete range of services, visit www.cfa.vic.gov.au/wellbeing