The plaque that was laid in 1909 at Golden Square Fire Brigade has been restored and will be unveiled on the station’s 110th birthday.
The town of Golden Square was established in 1881, and in 1887 Golden Square's fire station consisted of a weatherboard construction.
On 8 August 1909, the weatherboard building was removed and on 25 August that year, construction of the current station began.
The then Mayor Andrew Harkness laid a plaque in an opening ceremony held on 5 November 1909, alongside Captain William Carter.
This plaque has now been restored and will be unveiled at the event on 3 November. Its unveiling will be significant, with the grandson of Captain Carter attending from Adelaide to unveil it.
Golden Square brigade will host an afternoon tea for its celebration, where the brigade will officially receive the handover of the salvage that was purchased through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP).