Movember is a global fundraiser held over November, making a difference in mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
Many members have already signed up to the official CFA Movember page and there is still time for you to join.
- Sign up or log in to the Movember website.
- Either be a team captain and start a team, join an existing team or be brave and go it alone
- After you have joined your team or made the decision to Mo alone, join the CFA page
Make sure you keep an eye on our page as we take part in the First Responders Challenge alongside our Emergency Services Colleagues.
Hundreds of CFA members took part in last year’s Movember challenge and raised over $29,000.
Since 2003, Movember has funded more than 1,250 men’s health projects around the world, challenging the status quo, shaking up research and motivating men to take action for their health.
This year, there are three key ways members can take part. You don’t need to grow a Mo to take part, you can join ‘Move for Movember’ or host an event in celebration of the month-long event.
At CFA, we have a strong focus on both physical and mental health, there are numerous ways our men, in particular, can improve their overall health and wellbeing, as well as get support for themselves or their families.
We know that navigating through the new COVID-normal will be challenging and we have created some guidelines to help members take part whilst staying safe.
- Ensure any fundraising is not conducted in a face-to-face setting or using cash which carries health risks. Consider online or contact-free options
- Participation in CFA apparel or brigade T-shirts is encouraged, however for health and safety reasons turn-out gear, breathing apparatus or other personal protective clothing/equipment must not be used
- To comply with current CFA rules on non-essential station attendance, members must participate either at home or outdoors in public places, not at CFA stations or sites
- Likewise, any online fundraising or promotional activity can be undertaken in CFA apparel, but must comply with local DHHS restrictions, and not be done at CFA stations or sites, nor in turn-out gear.
- If participating outside, ensure you are complying with local DHHS coronavirus exercise restrictions including how many people you can exercise with and for how long.
- Check the current restrictions on the DHHS website.
Movember is the perfect time to take action when it comes to your health. Don’t shave it for later, head to the Movember page and sign up to take part now.