CFA has worked with EMV, SES, Ambulance Victoria and ESTA on the development of the SAS which works together with EAS Paging to provide members with increased functionality and enhanced communication during fire and incident response.
You can find the app by searching for Supplementary Alerting Service in both the Android and Apple app stores. You can access the desktop version here
With the SAS app members can:
• Set availability for turnouts and indicate if they are responding to an event
• See who from their brigade is responding and view their ETA
• View responding-member qualifications and competencies
• Chat with fellow brigade members
• Experience one-touch navigation to their station or the incident
Additional features include access to pager message history and robust privacy protection measures.
Brigade Management Teams and CFA support staff will also be able to use the application’s dashboard functionality to manage pager groups, create reports and add new users, including brigade members who do not have an EAS pager.
Members will use their CFA volunteer number and password to access the SAS and can link their log ins if they are also a member of SES and/or Ambulance Victoria.