CFA has today, Friday 16 February, launched the Spirit of CFA Awards, which recognise the exceptional achievements of our staff and volunteers.
Nine award categories aligned to CFA values will be recognised at the Spirit of CFA Awards presentation on Sunday 20 May 2018.
The awards are proudly supported by BankVic and the Victorian Government Valuing Volunteers Program.
CFA Chief Officer Steve Warrington said CFA staff and volunteers, stakeholders and community members could nominate individuals and/or brigades from today.
“This is a chance for us as an organisation to publically acknowledge the valued and diverse operational and non-operational contributions of CFA people.
“The Spirit of CFA Awards will recognise the excellence achieved in voluntary and employee service, and will highlight the very best of CFA.”
Nominations can be accepted for these nine categories, which align to CFA’s six strategic priorities:
- Excellence in Community Engagement (both individual and team awards)
- Youth Award (proudly supported by BankVic) (individual award)
- Seniors Award (individual award)
- Living the Values (Gold Award) (individual award)
- Inclusion & Fairness Champion (individual award)
- Excellence in Partnership Development (both individual and team awards)
- Excellence in Interagency or group cooperation (both individual and team awards)
- Excellence in Sustainability Planning (both individual and team awards)
- Excellence in Innovation (both individual and team awards)
Watch a video of Mr Warrington explaining the awards:
“We’re proud of the work undertaken throughout our organisation, which benefits Victorian communities and beyond,” Mr Warrington said.
“CFA is a leader in emergency services, not only in Australia but internationally, across a wealth of programs and services.
“Along with recognising the individuals, the Spirit of CFA Awards showcases to the public the quality and depth of service our volunteers and staff provide to their communities.”
To be eligible for the awards, nominees need to reflect CFA values and have made a significant contribution to CFA and the community within the past two years.
Criteria for the awards and the process for nomination can be found at cfa.vic.gov.au/spiritofcfa.
Nominations close midnight Sunday 8 April 2018.
Author: CFA News