CFA is proud to announce the finalists in the inaugural Spirit of CFA Awards.
The Spirit of CFA Awards were created to recognise the outstanding dedication and extraordinary lengths CFA people go to in helping one another and the community.
Supported by BankVic and the Victorian Government Valuing Volunteers Program, the awards specifically recognise outstanding achievements and significant contributions made by CFA staff and volunteers to CFA, local communities and the state of Victoria.
The most prestigious Living the Values Award will be awarded to the CFA member who has excelled in living the values of CFA, including respect, safety and integrity.
CFA Chief Executive Officer Paul Smith said: “We are very pleased with the high number and calibre of nominations we received.
“The quality of all the entrants was outstanding and I’d like to particularly recognise the finalists whose fine work epitomises the values of this great organisation.
“We look forward to many years of Spirit of CFA Awards and we hope the entire organisation and the community we support are inspired by the dedication of the finalists.”
Winners for individual and team categories will be announced at the Spirit of CFA Awards ceremony, which will be held on Sunday 20 May at the Mercure Hotel, Ballarat.
Spirit of CFA Award Finalists for individual Awards in no particular order:
- Community Engagement: Barry Megee, Monbulk Brigade
- Community Engagement: Fiona Macken, Diamond Creek Brigade
- Community Engagement: Paul Edward Parsell, Simpson Brigade
- Inclusion & Fairness: Josh Martin, Ballarat City Brigade
- Inclusion & Fairness: Phil Hawkey, Euroa Brigade
- Inclusion & Fairness: Tony Stephens, Malmsbury Brigade
- Innovation: Darren Johnson, Upper Ferntree Gully Brigade
- Innovation: Justin Dally, District 12 Headquarters
- Innovation: Robert Mace, Wodonga urban Fire Brigade
- Innovation: William Hodgson, Warrandyte Brigade
- Seniors: Margaret Dawson, AVCGA VF12
- Seniors: Raymond Beaton, Hazelwood North Brigade
- Seniors: Raymundo Rosales, Mernda Brigade
- Seniors: Douglas Ray Parker, Mortlake Fire Brigade/Group
- Sustainability Planning: Ian Brownrigg, Sarsfield Fire Brigade
- Sustainability Planning: Steve Lewis, Dundas Group
- Sustainability Planning: Wayne Munro, Merino Group
- Youth: Bailey Rhodes, Melton Brigade
- Youth: Deklan Brown, Barnawartha Brigade
- Youth: Tyson Huggins, Longwood Brigade
- Interagency or Group Co-operation: Colin Andrew Brown, Corryong Brigade
- Interagency or Group Co-operation: Jeffrey Williams, Paynesville Brigade
- Interagency or Group Co-operation: Nicole Harvey, Headquarters
For more information contact CFA Media on: 1300 CFA MEDIA (24 hours) or email@example.com