Registrations for the 2021 Melbourne Firefighter Stair Climb are open now
For the second year in a row, the Melbourne Firefighter Stair Climb is going virtual.
With the event unable to be held in person due to COVID restrictions, organisers have adapted and are once again encouraging CFA members to get involved and step up for mental health wherever they can.
The event kicks off on 10 September and will run for a month finishing on World Mental Health Day (10 October).
The climb will aim for participants to collectively undertake “one million steps for mental health”, which each participant encouraged to climb 3,046 steps throughout the month – representing one for each Australian who dies by suicide annually.
CFA members wishing to participate are asked to follow these simple guidelines:
- Register your participation at www.firefighterclimb.org.au
- Ensure any fundraising is not conducted in a face-to-face setting or using cash which carries health risks. Consider online or contact-free options.
- Participation in CFA apparel or brigade T-shirts is encouraged, however for health and safety reasons turn-out gear, breathing apparatus or other personal protective clothing/equipment must not be used
- To comply with current non-essential station attendance, members must participate either at home or outdoors in public places, not at CFA stations or sites
- Likewise, any online fundraising or promotional activity can be undertaken in CFA apparel, but must comply with local DHS restrictions, and not be done at CFA stations or sites, nor in turn-out gear.
- If participating outside, ensure you are complying with local DHS coronavirus exercise restrictions including how many people you can exercise with and for how long.
- Information on current restrictions levels can be found at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
Participants are encouraged to share their workout progress on social media, by tagging #MFSCMillionSteps on their pictures and videos.
Registrations are already open and will remain open throughout the month-long event.