CFA IWD 2022 Livestream Panel
On Sunday 6 March CFA Brigades, Groups, Districts and Regions across the state came together for International Women's Day (IWD) to celebrate women's achievements and reinforce a commitment to equality.
Events were held across the state with local guest speakers and activities which culminated with a special livestream panel discussion about the role of women in emergency services and an exploration of challenges women experience in a traditionally male-dominated sector and how together we can #BreakTheBias.
The panel featured
- Jean Dyzel, CFA Deputy Chief Officer, Operational Doctrine and Training
- Professor Tony Walker ASM, CEO and Chief of Operations, Ambulance Victoria
- Kayla Manning, CFA District 15 youth volunteer
- Brigadier Michelle Campbell, Deputy Commander 2nd Division Australian Army (Reserves) and Senior Defence Liaison Officer, Operation Bushfire Assist 2020
- Natalie MacDonald, CFA Chief Executive Officer.
The panel was moderated by Thu-Trang Tran, CEO of Volunteer West and Member for the Ministerial Taskforce on Victorian Volunteering Training.
In the lead up to the day, a number of stories were shared on CFA's social media channels.
We celebrated Daylesford Fire Brigade volunteer Kayla Manning, Mosquito Creek Fire Brigade Captain Sheryn Gallagher, and Axe Creek Fire Brigade's 3rd Lieutenant Sheryl Batrouney.
CFA members also took part in the Emergency Services Foundation's IWD campaign, focusing on this year's 'Break the Bias' theme.
Marked each year on 8 March, IWD is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
The IWD campaign theme for 2022 is Break The Bias, encouraging us to celebrate women's achievements, raise awareness against bias and take action for equality.
For more information on International Women's Day visit https://www.internationalwomensday.com/
- The Livestream panel was viewed by members across the state
- Members in Districts 6 and 7 held events to view the livestream panel
- Members showing how they will help to #BreakTheBias
- CFA's West region also held their own IWD event