CFA's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles provide important community safety information, general CFA news and official information during emergencies.
The Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles of CFA's Chief Officer provide information on the role and activities of the Chief Officer and important organisational news pertaining to CFA.
Please note these sites are for information only. Do not report an emergency on social media.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000).
Never rely on one source for emergency information. For emergency warnings visit www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Emergency information and advice is also available via phone on the VicEmergency Hotline 1800 226 226.
Opinions posted by users of CFA's social media pages do not reflect those of CFA or the Victorian Government.
CFA page administrators reserve the right to delete any posted content that we deem to be offensive, insulting, inappropriate or irrelevant to the purpose of CFA and CFA Chief Officer pages.
Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to;
- material that is obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise illegal
- remarks that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability
- personal attacks, abuse and threats to cause physical or mental harm
- content which you know (or could reasonably be expected to know) is false, misleading or deceptive
- content that could be defamatory to any person
- any content not related to CFA or it's areas of responsibility
- posts or links to pages that contain the aforementioned material
Repeated breaches of this Moderation Policy may result in you being banned from any of CFA's social media pages or CFA's Chief Officer social media pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these accounts monitored 24/7?
Not on a regular basis. The account may be monitored for longer periods during major emergencies.
Why doesn't CFA answer every question?
CFA will try its best to answer as many questions as possible but this will not always be feasible, especially during busy times. During major emergencies, the focus will be on providing critical emergency information.
Can I share information from this page?
Yes. As long as you attribute the source.
Why has my comment been deleted?
CFA has outlined its Moderation Policy below for using our social media pages. If users post comments found to be breaching these conditions we may hide or delete the comment.